2015-01-30

Welcome

As you've probably guessed this is the first post on a brand new blog written by someone with no previous blogging experience. So who am I and what do I hope to achieve here?

Born, raised and still happily living in Buckinghamshire, England, I am an IT professional by trade with a particular interest in databases. My real passion however lies in transport, but I'm neither an anoraky trainspotter nor a Top Gear fanboy type (although I confess to a certain admiration for the work of Mr May). Trains, planes and boats leave me cold, as do the majority of dull generic modern cars, and what excites me are everyday cars of the seventies, eighties and nineties, buses and coaches (although interest here is waning thanks to legislation and corporate blandness gradually eliminating what little variety remains), and old lorries, especially those used by showmen and circuses with their own special charm.

I intend this blog to be somewhere I can express whatever random thoughts and recollections may be running through my head so who knows what may appear here, although the majority of content is likely to be transport or IT-related. I hope there is someone out there who will enjoy my ramblings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...